Without any doubts, these are one of my favorite ones. I have always liked eating pancakes, and lately making them has become my passion. I got this homemade pancake recipe from my best friend, after I stopped by for a lunch at her house and she totally surprised me with making these delicious banana white chocolate chip pancakes. I was positively surprised with this new taste. I ate many pancakes during my life, but I’ve never eaten them with white chocolate chips. If it is the same with you, I strongly recommend trying this combination of banana, white chocolate and pancakes.
To make these pancakes even better, I added some spices such as vanilla and ginger. Spices added rich and intense flavor to the pancakes and even when I was still cooking them, my whole family gathered in the kitchen because everyone wanted to be the first one to try them. Well, enough of talking, here is the recipe for these great banana white chocolate pancakes:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose biscuit baking mix
- 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make banana white chocolate pancakes:
- In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla extract.
- Then, add baking mix and bananas to the mixture and whisk until combined. Do not over mix the batter; it can have some lumps remaining.
- Next, add chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium-high heat and brush it with few drops of oil or with butter.
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the surface of the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes warm.
TIP: Maybe I should mention another cool food that you can make out of bananas which is also very simple to make – banana bread. I love it and I bake it all the time. If you want to learn how here are plenty of different banana bread recipes to choose from – http://www.banana-bread-recipe.com/.
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!