These pancakes are the most fluffy and light I’ve ever made. As the title says, this recipe calls for using buttermilk. It is good to use fresh buttermilk to make these pancakes, but you can always buy powdered buttermilk and have it whenever you have a sweet tooth and want to prepare your favorite buttermilk pancakes.
Homemade buttermilk pancakes are very easy to make and it takes only about forty minutes to make the batter and to cook them. Remember that you can always add some variety to your homemade pancakes and for example make them with some additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, bananas, raspberries, blueberries or even with peanut butter or ricotta cheese. This recipe is without any fruits or other things because I know not everyone likes eating pancakes with something inside. Sometimes the best solution is to top them with some maple syrup, and they still taste great. Well, enough of talking, here is the recipe for the delicious buttermilk pancakes:
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
How to make homemade buttermilk pancakes:
- In one bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix the batter until combined. However, do not over mix it. The batter can have some lumps remaining.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium high heat and brush it with few drops of oil.
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the surface of the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Then flip and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes warm and with desired topping.
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!