Pancakes are the easiest thing to make in the world and a little imagination is all it takes. And there is something special about pancakes- they don’t have to be boring! They can be made in many different ways and can even serve as a nice looking and delicious dessert and this is what I will present here. These homemade pancakes are a great idea when you are having some guests and if you don’t want to make any cakes or cookies.
I love eating pancakes and what I know is that a perfect pancake can never be complete without a tempting topping which not only makes pancakes look appetizing but also titillates the taste buds. There are many various toppings and usually they vary from basic toppings such as honey, strawberry syrup, peanut butter, maple syrup or to more complicated with combination of fruits, nuts and some syrups. In case you are looking for something more interesting, try this topping which recipe I include with the recipe for pancakes. Here is the recipe for hazelnut and chocolate crepes:
Ingredients for crepes:
- 15g butter, melted
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- Ingredients for topping:
- 1 cup Nutella
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Strawberries, halved
How to make crepes:
- In a bowl, mix flour and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Make a well in the centre of flour mixture and pour milk mixture into it.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Cover the batter and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with butter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan ans swirl to coat the base.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden and lacy.
- Then turn over and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden.
How to make a topping:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put hazelnuts on a baking tray and bake them for about 6 minutes.
- Then place them into a clean towel and tub until they lose skins.
- Then chop hazelnuts.
- Mix spreadable cream cheese with strawberry jam.
- Use Nutella to spread over half of the crepes.
- Then scatter it with hazelnuts.
- The rest of crepes spread with strawberry cream and put a hazelnut crepe on a plate.
- Top them with strawberry layer and refrigerate for an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt dark chocolate in a saucepan.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the crepe stack.
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!