Pancakes are one of the easiest and most delicious dishes ever made. Moreover, you don’t have to travel far a way to find a nice big plate of pancakes. This simple snack has become one of the biggest staples in the American diet. It is served in many restaurants and households all over the country. And as a traditional recipe might get little boring, there have been created a lot of varieties of pancakes with different ingredients both sweet or savory. Here I would like to present mashed potato pancakes. These homemade pancakes are great for both breakfast and lunch. Moreover, they can be also eaten for dinner or just as a snack.
Imagine that it is a pleasant Sunday morning… the sun rays gently sift through your curtains as you snuggle in the bed and thinking how excellent is to wake up without being bothered by alarm clock. You lazily wake up and walk into the kitchen wondering what you could possibly cook for breakfast. You are thinking about something that is appetizing, healthy and of course easy to make! So what is better than making a good potato pancakes? Here is the easy pancake recipe for these delicious mashed potato pancakes:
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of butter, softened or melted
- 1 green onion minced (all of it)
- garlic salt
- splash or two of hot sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- dried dill
- flour to thicken a bit (try a few tablespoons at a time, it can’t get really thick or doughy)
How to make mashed potatoes pancakes:
- In a bowl, beat the egg a bit and mix in everything else except the flour.
- When you are adding spices, add just a sprinkle to start and then you can always add more.
- Add flour.
- Heat a frying pan and brush it with few drops of oil.
- Form pancakes on the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side until it starts browning.
- Flip and cook again until it starts browning.
- Serve warm and topped with sour cream or some vegetables such as corn
TIP: If you liked these pancakes there are plenty more potato pancake recipes and other potato recipes on this website: http://www.mashed-potatoes-recipe.com/potato-pancakes/.
Enjoy your pancakes!
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!