Pancakes have been a mainstay of the western world for many decades and have graced the breakfast tables of many people over the years. However, what many people fail to realize that pancakes can be found all over the world in various forms and avatars. This widespread popularity can only be attributed to the basic fact that an easy and simple pancake recipe can make the life of a working person very easy. The following are the ingredients that we are going to use to make pancakes for four people.
- Two cups of flour which has already been cleaned and sifted.
- Two and a half teaspoons of baking powder.
- Three tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Half a teaspoon salt.
- Two large eggs.
- Around one and a half to two cups of milk.
- Two tablespoons of melted butter.
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s get down to making the pancakes with this very simple and fundamental pancake recipe.
- Run flour, baking powder, sugar and salt through the sieve together.
- Whisk milk with the eggs in a different bowl.
- Mix the milk and egg mixture with the flour mixture while at the same time stirring, so as to keep the mixture smooth.
- Blend this new mixture with melted butter.
- In case, the batter seems too viscous and thick then the solution would be to add around one fourth or half a cup of milk more.
- This final batter can now be cooked in a frying pan. The frying pan should be hot enough. Pour around one fourth of a cup of batter in the frying pan.
- Cook till the batter in the pan dries around the edges and becomes bubbly, fluffy and a little brownish at the bottom.
- Flip the pancake to cook the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, cream, strawberries or anything else similar to this that you can think of.
As is apparent, pancakes can be made quickly and easily by any person, regardless of limitations of time as long as he or she knows is aware of this easy to apply pancake recipe. Furthermore, pancakes can also be easily modified on the basis of the cook’s preferences. For example, there are banana pancakes, chocolate pancakes and even pumpkin pancakes. These are the primary reasons because of which most cultures across the world have some form of pancakes as an integral part of their day to day routines.
If you love pancakes go ahead and find another delicious pancake recipe on our website… One is never enough.
Leave a comment
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!