Low carb pancakes are not only healthier but are also very delicious. If you like eating pancakes, but you prefer to eliminate carbohydrates from your diet, try these yummy low carb pancakes. They are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. You can serve them with sugar-free maple syrup or with sugar-free jam.
Ingredients for low carb pancakes:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of blueberries( if desired)
- 1 cup sifted oat flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or little less)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free sweetener (or more)
How to make Low Carb Pancakes:
- In one bowl whisk together oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Take another bowl and whisk the egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Use electric mixer and beat egg whites at medium speed until frothy. And beat at high speed until soft peaks appear. Fold egg whites to the batter and whisk it.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and lightly butter it. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. Cook pancake over medium-high heat until bottoms are golden and you see that pancakes are beginning to set.
- Sprinkle each pancake with a few blueberries and press lightly. Flip pancakes and cook until golden on the bottom and cooked through.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate and keep them in the warm place. Serve with maple syrup.
- You can freeze these pancakes. Freeze pancakes in layers with waxed paper in between.
Additional Tips For Delicious Low Carb Pancakes:
- You can use buttermilk ot yogurt, instead of other milk type products.
- Add ingredients like cinnamon, fruits, nuts or meat on top as the first side is cooking.
- For thinner pancakes add more milk or water and don’t add raising agent.
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. Apart from pancakes I am also crazy about waffles. There is a great site dedicated to that and it is filled with tasty waffles recipes for home cooking. They have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Try it!
Then there is also a site that a like that has lots of stuff on potatoes. A big collection of potato recipes from mashed potatoes to potato salad, baked potatoes and potato candy. Lots and lots of different recipes for tasty potato meals. And they are all easy to make.