If you like eating homemade pancakes, you have to try these delicious lemon pancakes. They are very easy to make, all the ingredients are cheap, and you can get them in the nearest grocery store. This recipe has been in our family for many years. I remember when I was a kid and my grandmother made these pancakes. She told me that she had recipe from her mother. Then, when I was a little older, my mother taught how to make them. I really like these homemade lemon pancakes and that’s why I want to give you this recipe. I am pretty sure that you will not have any problems with making lemon pancakes. Making the batter is very easy and cooking pancakes even easier.
When making pancakes, it is important to have fresh ingredients. Then the taste of pancakes is much better. Another important thing is not to use electric mixer when making the batter. I advise you to use spoon or fork to whisk the mixture. All the other instructions I listed below. One more thing: flip pancakes only once because you don’t want them to become rubbery. Here is the recipe for delicious homemade lemon pancakes:
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
How to make homemade lemon pancakes:
- In one bowl, mix sour cream, melted butter and egg.
- Then, add lemon juice and half of lemon zest. Stir slowly.
- Next, add sugar and flour and again stir carefully and slowly. Do not over mix the batter. It can have some lumps remaining, which will disappear during the cooking.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium high heat and brush it with few drops of oil or with butter.
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about 1 tablespoon of batter for a silver-dollar sized pancakes.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook again for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes warm.
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!