Homemade pancakes are about the easiest thing to make in the world. And a little of imagination is all it takes to cook this delicious snack. There are thousands of recipes and the best recommendation is to put in ingredients that you enjoy eating the most. Pancake recipes are endless just like our appetite for them. Here, I would like to present homemade pumpkin pancakes as I consider them very tasty and easy to make.
Making pancakes from scratch is not only better because of the taste of pancakes but can be also a lot of fun for you and your family. Get your kids involved into making pancakes and create a family tradition of it. It is a great way to teach your beloved ones how to cook and to show them that cooking homemade food isn’t difficult.
Remember that you don’t want to have your pancakes overcooked. It is very easy to make the batter and toss it in the pan but remember to watch it carefully. Here is the recipe for delicious homemade pumpkin pancakes:
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
How to make pumpkin pancakes:
- In one bowl, mix all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg white, milk, pumpkin and oil.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium high heat and brush it with few drops of oil.
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto a griddle or a frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
I hope you enjoyed this pancake recipe as much as I did.
TIP: If you like pumpkins then there is another cool recipe that I would suggest to you – pumpkin bread recipe. It’s delicious and also very simple to make, find out how on http://pumpkin-bread-recipe.net/.
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!