Homemade pancakes are delicious. If they are made right, you can enjoy some tasty gold brown pancakes with butter and syrup, but sometimes it happens that we want something different.
There are various homemade pancake recipes available either in the cooking books or on internet. And of course, you can find all different kinds of them, but it doesn’t really mean that all these recipes are good. What you really would like to eat is some delicious pancakes.
If you are looking for a great and creative pancake recipe, you have come to the right place. Here I would like to present this amazing recipe for strawberry and ricotta pancakes. Have you ever heard about them? If not, you have to try them immediately. I am sure you won’t be disappointed if you are looking for something new and tasty.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, separated
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ tsp salt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
How to make strawberry ricotta pancakes:
- In a larger bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolk, milk, lemon zest, melted butter, vanilla extract and ricotta.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour milk mixture into this well.
- Whisk until combined. Do not over mix the batter. It can have some lumps remaining. They will disappear during the cooking.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until the white peaks form. Gently fold the egg white into the batter. And mix gently again.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium high heat and brush it with few drops of oil or with butter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto the frying pan when it is hot enough.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip pancakes and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes warm and with desired topping.
Kitchen Tools For Making Pancakes
Pancake Articles And Recipes
Find your favorite pancake recipe!
There are also a few other recipe websites that I would like to recommend. If you like waffles then go to http://www.waffle-recipe.com, they have lots and lots of recipes for different waffles from Belgian to Liege. Then there is also this site that specializes in potato recipes and has a nice section on how to make potato pancakes, great for those leftover mashed potatoes - check them out!